We’ve all heard a thousand times that the only way to really learn Chinese is to be totally immersed in the language, completely surrounded by it everywhere you go. But we wanted to go deeper than that and find quick and easy ways to start getting immersed. So Miracle Mandarin put together 10 steps that you can follow, in this order, to make learning Chinese faster and a whole lot more fun.
1. Find some Chinese radio stations and podcasts on the internet;
2. Check out the Top Videos on YouTube and watch for at least a few minutes;
3. Talk and sing to yourself in Chinese;
4. Do you have an Chinese-speaking idol? Go to watch all of his/her interviews in Chinese;
5. Sit near people who are speaking Chinese on the bus or in the park. Listen in…;
6. Pay attention to billboards, signs, advertisements, magazine stands and establishment names;
7. Love music? Try figuring out the words/lyrics of your favorite Chinese songs;
8. Watch TV clips, episodes or soap operas in Chinese;
9. Engage in a conversation on Weibo with friends who post in Chinese;
10. Produce, produce, produce. No matter how shy you are or how much you don’t “get” Chinese, force yourself to speak.
Come on! Follow the tips for learning Chinese and you will “get” Chinese as good as Chinese people.