Today Miracle Mandarin will introduce five brands of old Shanghai. They are the memories of last generation. These five things are the proud remaining labels from early 20th century china. Do you know what are they?
1. White rabbit creamy candy(since 1943) 大白兔奶糖Dàbáitù nǎitánɡ
In many Shanghaiese’s childhood, it was their favourite candy. You can still buy it in the supermarket. If you don’t know where to buy, Miracle Mandarin will help you.
2. Forever bicycles(since 1940) 永久牌自行车 Yǒnɡjiǔpái zìxínɡchē
3. Phe chao lin face cream(since 1931) 百雀羚 Bǎiquèlínɡ
4. Warrior shoes(since 1927) 回力运动鞋 Huílì yùndònɡxié
5. Florida water(circa 1908) 明星花露水 Mínɡxīnɡ huālùshuǐ
These days, a bottle of Florida water goes for less than RMB 10 at the local convenience store or supermarket, but when it was first introduced in 1908, it was the Chanel No.5 of its day.
Ok. Now you know what the five things are, and do you want to try anyone of them? Please try. If you want to know more about Shanghai, about China, about Mandarin, please come to our school——Miracle Mandarin, you will feel a different China, and a different Shanghai.