1. An online Mandarin course offers you the most efficient way to gain access to the world’s largest mother-tongue language. Over 1/5 of the world speaks Mandarin and it is the mother-tongue of more than 800 million people. While it may be expensive and inconvenient to come to China to study, you can benefit from an online Mandarin course taught by our very own China-based expert teachers. You can get in a lot more study time when using an online course.
2. Give yourself a boost by being able to communicate with visitors from China. Chinese students are increasingly going abroad to study, and while they will have a high level of English-fluency, it is a great opportunity to be able to communicate with students you might meet in their native language. Chinese tourists are seeking opportunities to visit countries around the world (In 2012, the number of outbound tourists totaled 83,182,700.) and speaking their mother-tongue can open opportunities to you, especially if you work in the hospitality industry.
3. You can access a rich culture and long history with a better understanding of the Chinese language. One of the richest histories in the world, with thousands of years of culture, literature and arts become more accessible to you as you understand the language. If culture interests you, Chinese language is a natural fit for you. Taking an online course can be your first step in accessing this rich language and culture.
4. You will expand your career opportunities. Chinese and global businesses value Chinese language skills. Even companies without this specific need may be impressed by your initiative to learn this language. You may be surprised by all the types of fields which are growing by leaps and bounds in China, such as art and design and renewable energy. It is not just international banking or diplomatic work that requires Chinese language skills any more.
5. Grow personally and benefit your brain. Studies have shown that learning another language actually makes parts of the brain grow. Your brain has to switch between languages, which “exercises” the cognitive muscles and improves your ability to focus and move between tasks. Research has also shown that bilingualism has a protective effect against Alzheimer’s disease. You also gain a lot of personal accomplishment from learning such a different language. Taking an online Mandarin course is a great way to get all these benefits without sacrificing your other duties.
Use your time most effectively, and take a quality online Chinese course from Miracle Mandarin and begin expanding your horizons today!